Monday, January 18, 2010

Welcome to my kitchen!

I have always loved to bake and cook, although I sadly don't seem to have the time or energy to do it like I would like! So, this blog is going to be my motivation for getting into the kitchen more and trying some new recipes! Hopefully this blog can help inspire us all! I'm sure that from time to time I'll even have some little helpers in the kitchen!

One thing I'll mention is that you won't find any recipes for beef or pork as we don't eat those...nothing earth shattering there-just personal preference (for the last 10+ years). We aren't by any means vegetarian as we eat lots of chicken, turkey and fish among other things! You probably also won't find recipes to some of my signature things like cakes, cake bites and cookies...a girl has to keep some secrets! I have tons of recipes bookmarked and saved, so hopefully we'll find lots of yummy foods! If you are looking for a specific recipe, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Here is a picture of my kitchen where all the cooking will take place...would you believe me if I told you it always looks this way? Yeah- well, I didn't think so! I would also show you a picture of my dishwasher since washing dishes goes hand in hand with cooking/baking...but he's at work! I have to give my hubby credit for lots of dish washing! In the almost 15 years (in May!!) we've been married, we've used our automatic dishwashers, um....less than 10 times, so lots of washing by hand! I'm pretty sure the only reason we got a dishwasher in the kitchen was for resale value :-).



From my kitchen to yours....happy cooking!!

No comments: