Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baked Chicken Nuggets

We had a great Family night last night! We put together a puzzle while dinner was cooking, watched a movie and played a few Disney trivia games- what a night!! Daniel helped pick the recipes for the night. We had Baked Chicken Nuggets, salad, waffle fries and strawberry banana smoothies.

I looked at a few different recipes for chicken nuggets, but didn't find one that I completely liked. The closest was this one from Allrecipes.com. The only thing I changed on this one was the 1/2 cup butter that it called for- I replaced that with 2 beaten eggs and a little milk. I didn't want to negate the benefits from baking (vs frying) by adding all of that fat. After they were baked, I had a few doubts about how they would taste. Even though he didn't say anything, I could tell my husband was a little skeptical as well. But, we were all pleasantly surprised that they were quite tasty! Yay!! The only thing I would do differently next time is to watch them a little closer and possibly shave off a couple of minutes from the baking time.

Ingredients
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp dried basil
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup milk

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil. Mix well. In another bowl, combine eggs and milk.
3. Dip chicken pieces in bread crumb mixture, then egg mixture and again in bread crumb mixture. Place pieces on a wire rack over a baking sheet.


Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.


Sadly, the waffle fries were frozen as I didn't have waffle cutter...but they will be homemade next time :-). Enjoy!

No comments: