Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars

One of my favorite- I mean I dream of these- desserts from our Disney cruise is the Creme Brulee. I was looking for a cheesecake type recipe and found a Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bar recipe by Betty Crocker that looked interesting. And since it got me at "Creme Brulee", I knew I had to try this one.

This was a really nice creamy dessert that I would definitely make again. I wasn't overly impressed with the look of the toffee bits on top, so I think next time I will put those on a little earlier so they could melt a bit in the oven. It definitely didn't hurt the taste as these were gobbled up in no time!





Ingredients (Makes 36 bars)

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 box (4 serving size) French vanilla instant pudding mix
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter melted
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup toffee bits, finely chopped

Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 tsp of the vanilla and 1 whole egg until a soft dough forms. Press dough in the bottom and a 1/2 inch up the side of the pan.

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 1/2 tsp vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crust.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until set in center. Immediately sprinkle top with crushed toffee bits. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.


ENJOY!

No comments: