A new past time seems to be searching through recipes for ideas! After seeing quite a few "Foil Packet" recipes, I thought I would give this one from Amber's Delectable Delights a try. This chicken turned out VERY moist and flavorful and was super easy to put together. I will definitely be making this again and I also have some ideas for changing up the flavors so stay tuned!!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
3 red potatoes
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay 2 pieces of foil on a flat surface and spray with cooking spray. Wash, scrub and slice potatoes very thin (I used a mandolin slicer). Arrange the sliced potatoes in an oval shape on the foil. You want to make this about the size of the chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle both sides of chicken. Place chicken on top of potatoes. Top each chicken breast with half of the marinara sauce and half of the cheese.
4. Raise up the sides of the foil and fold down to create a seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees. Remove from oven and let set a few minutes. Poke a hole in the foil to release the steam and open. Move to a plate and serve.