Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bite Sized French Toast

One of my favorite breakfasts when I was little was by far French Toast! What's not to love about it?? So, when I realized we had some "less than fresh" bread on our hands, I thought this was the perfect solution to use it up!

I used regular sandwich bread, but you could use the thicker Texas Toast or even a bakery type bread- whatever suits your tastes. It does work best to use a sturdy or "stale" loaf of bread. I wanted to make these into "bite size" pieces for the kids. There is something about bite sized food that is super fun for kids! Score one for Mom!

Ingredients (6 servings)

1 loaf bread
6 eggs
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
butter
powdered sugar
syrup

Directions

Remove crust from bread and cut into fourths.

In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.

Heat skillet to medium heat and melt a tbsp of butter. Dip the bread cubes in the mixture to fully coat. Shake off excess and add to hot pan.

Turn bread to brown both sides, about 5 minutes total.

Keep these warm while you continue to cook the remainder.


Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.


ENJOY!

No comments: