Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chicken Tacos

Sometimes you just need an easy meal with a few simple ingredients and this recipe fits the bill. I found this recipe in the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook and it was also recommended on my favorite rewards site- Sunshine Rewards. I also like that it uses ingredients that I usually keep on hand so it can be a good fall back recipe when needed.


Ingredients (for 6 servings)
1 1/2 lbs frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 package low sodium taco seasoning


Directions
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2. Mix tomatoes and taco seasoning. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Serve in soft flour tortillas. Top with salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole and tomatoes.


**I usually use about 4 chicken breasts and mine seem to be done around the 4 hour mark. I usually take them out and shred the chicken with two forks. This chicken can be used in tacos, quesadillas or burritos.





Enjoy!

No comments: