Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slow Cooker Turkey Chili

Chili always tastes good on a cold winter day! This is a recipe for Turkey Chili that I have been using for awhile. I wasn't crazy about it the first time I made it, but after some tweaking, it has become a favorite in our house! I usually double the recipe and freeze half for a later meal.

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 can tomato soup
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15oz) can light kidney beans, drained
1 (15oz) can chili beans, drained (I use hot)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
salt to taste

Directions
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey, onions and cumin in skillet until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Use a crockpot liner (you'll thank me later). Put all ingredients in crockpot and stir well. Cover, and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Makes 8 servings.


It also makes a great topping for a baked potato! Yumm!


Enjoy!

No comments: