Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake

First of all, I want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope that 2011 is a good year for everyone!!

I have been MIA for awhile for personal reasons, but I will be back in full force now! I have lots of recipes to post and even more that I am looking forward to making this year. I am excited to get back in the kitchen and share my findings with you all!

I am going to start with a dessert that has become a favorite of mine- well, actually more like an addiction! Last year I was looking for a good dessert to serve for Christmas Eve and came across a recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake. It is a simple recipe that makes a wonderful dessert! When you take a bite of this, you are hit with lots of texture and flavor! You get tart, sweet, crunchy and creamy all in one scrumptious bite!

Although I do have a sweet tooth, I am generally good about eating them in moderation. And with the number of cakes I have baked and decorated over the years, I can easily turn down cakes and some desserts. But there is something about this one that gets me every time!! I made it this past Christmas Eve and had it (along with a couple of other desserts) on glass pedestals on the kitchen island. I can't even remember how many times I stopped and got a piece- it is truly addictive!! So just remember that you have been warned!!



Ingredients

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (I use Madagascar)
2 (8 oz) packages Crescent rolls
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup honey

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Beat the softened cream cheese with 1 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Unroll the crescent rolls on a lightly floured surface and shape to fit the 9x13 inch baking pan. Place dough in bottom of baking pan.

Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust.

Roll the remaining crescent roll dough and place on top of the cream cheese mixture.

Mix together the 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup softened butter.

Dot the dough with the sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees until the pastry is puffy and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately drizzle with honey. Cool completely in pan before cutting and serving.

**Notes: Make sure that you don't forget to drizzle the honey after baking- it really does make a difference- trust me!! I usually make this the day before it will be served and refrigerate it until about 30 minutes prior to serving. It is one of those desserts that taste better after sitting for a bit.

Enjoy! :-)

No comments: