Saturday, January 22, 2011

Strawberry Mousse Dessert

I was recently looking for a salad or fruity dessert that I thought my kids would like to eat. I came across this JELL-O recipe on Allrecipes.com that looked interesting. I usually look for recipes that have high ratings AND a lot of reviews. This one only had 3 reviews, but it's JELL-O, so I was thinking too much couldn't go wrong! The kids did enjoy it as well as a few adults! :-)

The recipe says to use a "6 cup mold". I didn't measure mine, but it is clearly more than 6 cups. This produced a very short mold. So, for a prettier presentation, I would suggest trying to find a mold closer to the 6 cup one called for. I also sprayed the mold with cooking spray to make it easier to un-mold.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 pkg (8oz) Strawberry JELL-O (this is the large package)
1 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 (8oz) carton whipped topping, thawed and divided

Directions
1. Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Place strawberries in a 6 cup mold.

Cover strawberries with 2 cups of the gelatin. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (it should stick to your finger).

2. Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining gelatin 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Add 2 cups of the whipped topping. Stir with wire whisk until well blended. Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.

3. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping. Store leftover gelatin in the refrigerator.


ENJOY!

No comments: