Friday, January 14, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

My son has been requesting spaghetti and meatballs and I finally got around to making it for him. He has pretty basic tastes, but is trying to venture out some. I was looking for a simple recipe (i.e. more bland than Tony and I would normally like) and didn't really find what I was looking for, so I came up with something on my own. This was a tasty dish that everyone enjoyed. It was simple enough for Daniel and tasty enough for us. Definitely something to go in the meal rotation!

Ingredients

1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp fresh Oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
2 tsp fresh Basil (or 1 tsp dried)
3 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup milk or heavy cream (I used 2%)
1/2 cup olive oil
t tbsp butter
flour

Directions
1. Mix turkey, onion, herbs and salt and pepper. Add eggs, bread crumbs and milk. Roll meatballs into desired size. Roll shaped meatballs in flour to lightly coat. (I used a small cookie scoop and this made about 30 meatballs).

2. Heat a large pan. Add oil and butter and cook over medium heat until the butter turns golden brown (3-5 minutes).

3. Brown the meatballs in the hot oil and remove to a paper towel lined plate until finished.


4. Line meatballs on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until done. Add meatballs to your favorite sauce and pasta!


ENJOY!!

No comments: