Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chicken Tetrazini

Between my recent crazy cleaning project and training for a half marathon (oh yeah, and taking care of 2 kids and a husband), things have been busy around here. So, I was looking for something good that I could throw together for dinner. I kept coming back to Chicken Tetrazini for some reason- maybe because I had all of the ingredients? I compiled some things from different recipes for this one. Most of the recipes called for either cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup. I seem to have an aversion to those for some reason and almost dismissed the idea altogether. But, I decided to go ahead and give it a try- at least if it was a failure, I could mark it off my list. Well, as much as I didn't want to like this one, it was really good. Even my husband had at least seconds and took some for lunch as well! This is really easy to throw together with things you probably keep on hand- a nice meal for those busy nights! I used one can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of mushroom- use whatever combination you like.


Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz spaghetti
8 oz sour cream
1/2 can chicken broth
2 cans cream soup (chicken, mushroom or one of each)
salt and pepper to taste
shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
1. Boil the chicken breasts until done; about 20 minutes. Shred chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Break spaghetti in half and cook according to package directions. Drain.
3. Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except cheese) to baking dish and combine. Cover with shredded cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.


ENJOY!

No comments: