Saturday, March 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies (soft)

Next to "Cinnamon Cookies" (Snickerdoodles), Peanut Butter cookies are Daniel's favorite. When I am in the mood to make cookies, there is always a debate on which kind to make. Tony loves chocolate chip, Daniel loves Snickerdoodle and I am partial to peanut butter. Right now, Arianna likes them all, but it will be interesting to see what she chooses...probably sugar cookies! ;-)



The only problem with making the peanut butter cookies is that Daniel and I like different kinds...as I have said before he really only like soft cookies. I on the other hand prefer a crispier peanut butter cookie. But of course, being the awesome Mom that I am ;-), I obliged and found a recipe for soft PB cookies for my favorite little guy! I searched many recipes and found this one from Jacque at Daisy Lane Cakes!

**For the best results, make sure that you use your favorite brand of Peanut Butter. I am particular to Peter Pan Peanut butter which is what I used the first time I made these. The next time I made them, I used a generic peanut butter. While I am a fan of some generic brands, maybe peanut butter isn't one of them! I could really taste a difference in these cookies and they just didn't taste right the 2nd time. So, from now on, I'll stick with Peter Pan!! I guess it is like they say...your finished product is only as good as the ingredients you put into it (oh and the love too)!

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Directions
Cream butter and peanut butter. Add sugars, egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix just until blended.

Roll into small balls and press with forks dipped in sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes (soft) or 20 minutes (crunchy).



Enjoy!

No comments: